badaboom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

badaboom

May The Eternal Light Of Elune Guide You.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegister

The silent hunter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Julia
Watcher
Julia

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2006-05-11

The silent hunter Empty
PostSubject: The silent hunter   The silent hunter EmptyMon 22 May - 0:47

where did this place come from? I have been on this coast before....before the Murlocs and beached sea creatures, and even the Naga that forced me deep into the forest far away in ashenvale.

There was no way i could have missed the gaint tree which i now stood stareing at off the coast. How did it get there? I must investigate.

I had always avoided the roads. The ghostly lighting felt like the spirits of my kind. I was alone, the only nightelf left. I don't know that came to be, or what became of my family.

Throwing a chuck of bear meat to my only friend, Whisper, i walked into the water. Whisper flow into the trees once more, disappearing as quickly as she appeared. Where she first came from, or why she choose to be with me i do not know. She is everything i wanted to be. A skilled and powerful hunter, yet silent, invisable, unknown.

The swim to this tree was longer than expected, the size of the tree making it appear closer than it was. I could not make it. What was i thinking? why did i swim so far out? What answer was worth my life? It matters not now, Sleep is all consuming......my sight grows blurred....the water rises...chocking me....but i sleep.

I awake, in a bed. A home, i recogise the design, from the ruins i had seen. But this was no ruin. Where was I? Have i died? I get up and leave this place. Looking at the sign above the door i read "Sentinal Bunkhouse" It stikes me this home is within a tree, beauifuly curved into it. But the tree is not dead, nor is it damaged, its grows around its new shape. The work of druids. Could it be that I was wrong? Are there ours? Who are the sentnials? I walk into a city. Full of life, nighelfs my kind.

Dazed i wondered around, lost and afaird. Sleep still called me. Its call growing stronger as i walked, Then they found me, The sentials senceing something was wrong rushed forward to steady me, but sleep again won over me.

Over the coming months i grow strong again, My faithful friend had found her own way to me. I learnt the histroy of the nightelfs, hoping it may shed light on my own past, but alas, i am no closer now than before. I grow closer to the sentinals and in time chosse to fight along there side, when the call comes.

But I have always been alone, so i retreated back to my home in ashenvale, appearing when the forest warns of threat, silent and invisable.
Back to top Go down
Julia
Watcher
Julia

The silent hunter Empty
PostSubject: New Light   The silent hunter EmptySun 28 May - 1:29

I continued my study in ashrnvale. Questions still rage within me. THe answers I had to find. Where did i come from? How is it that i came to be alone?

Another fruitless night of study. I was begining to think my past would always be hidden to me. But wait what is this? A record of a family. Close to where my first memory is home to. I sudder as i recall my sister being draged off into the forest by bloodthrity orcs. I remained frozen to the spot. Fear had its full grip on me. A mace giving me a glancing blow to the face. The world grows dark. My sisters screams echo in my head drawng into silence.

This record noted how the Deepwood family had been attacked by a band of Orcs. Only the body of the Father. Centy Deepwood was found. Julia Deepwood, a druid, and their two daughters were missing. Presumed dead. Who wrote this record? I must find him...
Back to top Go down
Julia
Watcher
Julia

The silent hunter Empty
PostSubject: The past returned   The silent hunter EmptyTue 30 May - 13:28

Takeing the book in hand i rushed to find the Record keeper. Rushing into the office in the Libary, i find a old, and wise elf, look up at me. In a rushed and excited voice i throw my question at him.

"Whathappenedtothedeepwoodfamily? I'moneofthemissing. Imshademi! Whathappenedthatnight?!" I stop to catch my breath. All these years and i was so close to discovering my past.

"Slow down there young one. Every answer can be understood with time. But you must first give time to find them. Now, come sit down, explain to me why you have come with that book?" He spoke softly, with a calm that could make even the most dire problem seem quite simple to solve.

I told him of what I remembered, what i had found in the book. He held out a hand, and i placed the book in it. He opened it, right on the page we talked about.

"I wrote this book, this record, a long time ago. I was sent to investigate why the deepwood family, had stoped communicating with the town. There was chaos. The burning legion had come. The world was falling apart around us. The orcs full of hate and bloodthrist had come. Burning everything in their path. I arrived at your home. Another site first where the Orcs had been. There had been a stuggle, their were more dead orcs at this site then any other that we had seen, even where the army had attacked. The body of your father lay in the middle of the clearly."

He placed a hand on my sholder, senceing my upset. "He died honourabley. I know that is of little comfort, but know that he loved you. He held this in his hand." He produced a neckless and handed it to me.

I took it. I knew this item. It was mine. My father had given me this when i was little. Memory hit me like a flashflood. I was overwhelmed. Images of my life as a child came flooding back. I was a happy child. My life passed by without a care. Without a worry. I played with the trees, and the animals. It was like a dream. I snaped back to the relailty of now.

"My mother? My Sister?"

"Those answers will need more time. I can't give you anymore of what you seek." He took a quill and added a note to it before closeing it and giving it to one of the attendance.
Back to top Go down
Julia
Watcher
Julia

The silent hunter Empty
PostSubject: Terana   The silent hunter EmptyTue 30 May - 13:41

My study continued but no more answers could be found in books. I left the library, with a heavy heart. I would never know what became of my mother or the sister i lost.

I sat by the pool in the temple, wondering what now i should do. A new recruit, Terana joined me. She was a troubled soul. Her presence brought with it a coldness, a dark. I shivered.

I'd not spoken to her before. Something within me had made me avoid her. Perhaps the the darkness she carried with her.

"Ishn'alah" She spoke with a voice of quiet hidden pain.

"You carry a heavy heart sister. What is it that troubles you so?"

Her began to explain what had happened to her. In an insant i knew she was my sister. She continued her story, of ensalvement, torture, and things she bore witness to. None of it i can bring myself to write here, nor can i think of any reader whom may wish to know those events.

I had at first wanted to tell her who i was, how happy i was that she was alive, but by the time she concluded her story, i was lost for words. I couldn't find it within me to tell her. Such evil things she had endured. Her very soul damaged and tanited, how could i ever bring myself to tell her that it was I that was respondable for all that happened.

She stood and left me. I wonder now if i should have ever tried to find answers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The silent hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The silent hunter   The silent hunter Empty

Back to top Go down

The silent hunter
Page 1 of 1