badaboom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

badaboom

May The Eternal Light Of Elune Guide You.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegister

The Nightmare

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Celestar
Watcher
Celestar

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2006-04-02

The Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: The Nightmare   The Nightmare EmptyTue 25 Jul - 16:45

Sentinels,

I must apologise for being absent so much lately. I have been called away in the Emerald Dream to fight against the Nightmare. Seems it gains strength of late and many of us are being called to help fight the Corrupted Ones and the effects of the Nightmare.

I have only been back to this plane occasionally, to tend to the needs of my body in Azeroth.

The defense of the Emerald Dream against the Nightmare is not going well, and I fear that I may become trapped. I will do everything in my power, of course, to prevent this from happening, but as a precaution I am making arrangements for aides to tend to my body if it becomes necessary.

This is what I know of the Nightmare:

Quote :
The Nightmare, as the denizens call it, is not a specific location, but a constantly roaming effect that travels about unpredictably. The skies above the Nightmare are constantly clouded, creating a gloomy, depressing zone that weakens and deadens everything it touches. The beautiful green vegetation is twisted into brown decay, while ordinarily peaceful creatures are corrupted into shadowy, mutated versions of themselves known as Corrupted Ones.

The Corrupted Ones are vicious and cruel, hunting anything they can, even after they leave the Nightmare’s affected zone. Worse still, some dream-travelers who enter the Nightmare — or are engulfed by its movements — become trapped in the Emerald Dream. They cannot leave, so their bodies back on Azeroth remain in a permanent sleep, slowly starving to death unless tended by helpful aides.

While trapped, they are known as the Unwaking; they too are corrupted, until they will do anything to get back home. The Nightmare is believed to be slowly growing in size and power. No one knows its origins or why it has become so strong in recent years. Many druids are called to the Emerald Dream to help fight back its effects.

So far, the green dragons have done what they can, though they dare not risk becoming themselves corrupted. The Eye of Ysera has not yet been approached by the Nightmare, but some fear that one day it will. And what will happen if the entire plane becomes covered by this terrible zone of decay…?

I deeply regret not being able to lend you my aide of late in the defense of the Kaldorei homelands.

Drakonis, I can tell you that Shan'do Malfurion Stormrage is here and very much alive and fights by Cenarius' side against the Nightmare. That is all I can say at this point.

Elloa, while you may have surmised that Elendel has become trapped, I want you to know that there is still hope. As long as the Unwaking are alive in the Dream, there is hope of return.

I will do everything in my power to return all the Unwaking safely back to Azeroth and rid the Dream of the Nightmare.

Andu-falah-dor!
Back to top Go down

The Nightmare
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
badaboom :: The Darnassus Sentinels : who we are :: The Sentinels-
Jump to: