badaboom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

badaboom

May The Eternal Light Of Elune Guide You.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegister

Facts about Night Elves

Go down 
+7
Eleystra
Firez
Elloa
Celestar
Admin
Siandris
Arya
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Arya
Sentinel
Arya

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2006-04-02

Facts about Night Elves Empty
PostSubject: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptyWed 17 May - 17:38

Right, i've seen Waay too many stories which state that the person was born in Teldrassil or that Teldrassil always exsisted. Which is way off the line according to Blizz official lore.
No offence to those that wrote their background like that, you just have to changed it a bit.

So i decided to make this thread, where i will write some facts about Night Elves.

There is only few points right now, but i will expand it over time, also feel free to ask any question about Night Elves, and i'll try to answer it, also add the info to the list.

Right, there is a few good places to find out more about the history of Azeroth.

http://tinyurl.com/mwarb
Official RP forums, look after the stickied threads: Xarantaur's Lore Q&A Chapter

http://tinyurl.com/mepjm
Blizzards official site about Warcraft History.

Facts__________________________

Teldrassil have only exsisted for ~5years. When the Archdruid tried to re-create the world tree so the night elves would be immortal again.
This didn't succed because Nozdormu, the Timeless One, and Alexstrasza, the Life-Binder((I think it was)) wouldn't bless Teldrassil.

The First Ever contact between humans and elves happened ~6 years ago, when the humans tried to survive against the Burning Legion's second invasion.

The Age of Night Elves.
Taken from a pretty accurate thread on the official forums
Adulthood: 300
Middle Age: 750
Old: 1500
Venerable: 2000

Night Elves was created when a tribe of trolls first found the Well of Eternity. The Wells magical energies made the trolls mutate to Night Elves over time. They took up the name Kaldorei which mean Children of the Stars.

Elven Land.
Darkshore.
Ashenvale.
Azshara.
Felwood.
Winterspring.
Mount Hyjal.
Feralas.

Teldrassil, Darkshore, Ashenvale is obvious.
Felwood, Winterspring and Aszhara can be questioned. Why? Well there are no elves there, so there is nothing to protect there, but it is still elven land. Same with Mount Hyjal really.
Feralas. Dire Maul was once a great night elven city. And the whole Feathermoon Stronghold thing, which is a rather big force, not as big as the Sentinels, more like the Warden that kept Illidan in prison. Indicate that Feralas is very much elven land

Other places i haven't incluced.
Stonetalon Mountains.
Moonglade.

Moonglade is not really elven land, it is more like, druidic land, for the children of Cenarius, and they're protecting it.
And Stonetalon, if you play WC3, there is no night elves at all at stonetalon. Yes, it is a special place, but not elven lands, we just got a settlement at the top of the mountain.

[Admin : Moved and Sticked ]

Last edited by on Thu 1 Jun - 17:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Siandris
Watcher

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2006-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptyWed 17 May - 19:46

Nice post
Back to top Go down
Arya
Sentinel
Arya

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptyThu 18 May - 1:58

Miss admin, this was supposed to be at teh same place as the background stories, so people there would read it. So they won't make those mistakes>.>
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptyThu 18 May - 12:06

*cough*

rabbit
Back to top Go down
https://sentinel.forumotion.net
Arya
Sentinel
Arya

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptyThu 18 May - 13:04

Weee^.^
Thanks miss Admin!
Back to top Go down
Celestar
Watcher
Celestar

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Kaldorei Lands   Facts about Night Elves EmptyTue 23 May - 18:02

We often refer to the Kaldorei Homelands as the areas we protect. What is the comprehensive list of those areas?

This is my idea:

Teldrassil (including Darnassus)
Ashenvale
Darkshore
Moonglade
Winterspring

Some, however, I am less sure of whether we can rightfully claim them or not:

Feralas
Felwood
Stonetalon Peak

???
Back to top Go down
Elloa
Commander
Elloa

Number of posts : 945

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptyTue 23 May - 18:34

Of course it's ours ! Before all the forest was ours ! *fanatic look*
Back to top Go down
Siandris
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptyTue 23 May - 18:46

((felwood is ofcourse elven lands so is Stonetalon, im a bit confused over Feralas though. It seems in WC3 that the nightelves dont travel much to the south, but still they had relations with the tauren, and the sentinel army has a major fort in Feralas))
Back to top Go down
Firez
Officer
Firez

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptyTue 23 May - 21:31

None of the shadowglade children were born in Teldrassil...
After Firez was born he somehow ended up in the burning legions lands with his father and Tygra...
Back to top Go down
Eleystra
High Priestress

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptyWed 24 May - 1:49

Quote :
None of the shadowglade children were born in Teldrassil...

(( To be honest...

I doubt anyone of our characters was born in Teldrassil, because it's about 4 years old or maybe 6 years old and noone of our characters would be as tall and experienced like they are if they were born in Teldrassil.

Eleys 2 cents

PS: I would agree to protect all of them because we are able to find kaldorei in Feralas (Feathermoon Keep?), Stonetalon Peak (well.. stone talon peak or how the fly point was called...) and felwood... but in felwood are only living 4 kaldorei... or 6? not many... but at least there are living kaldorei and it would be our task to protect them, wouldnt it? ))
Back to top Go down
Celestar
Watcher
Celestar

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptyWed 24 May - 2:24

Well there are at least two Kaldorei settlements there in Felwood still, Talonbranch Glade and Emerald Sanctuary (though there are Tauren at Emerald Sanctuary also)
Back to top Go down
Siandris
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptyWed 24 May - 7:16

((well ist still our lands, Hyjal is our lands too even though its not that pretty =) ))
Back to top Go down
Arya
Sentinel
Arya

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptyThu 1 Jun - 17:08

Right, i should check the forums more often.

Anyway, list of Kaldorei Lands we should protect as i see it.

Teldrassil.
Darkshore.
Ashenvale.
Azshara.
Felwood.
Winterspring.
Mount Hyjal.
Feralas.

Teldrassil, Darkshore, Ashenvale is obvious.
Felwood, Winterspring and Aszhara can be questioned. Why? Well there are no elves there, so there is nothing to protect there, but it is still elven land. Same with Mount Hyjal really.
Feralas. Dire Maul was once a great night elven city. And the whole Feathermoon Stronghold thing, which is a rather big force, not as big as the Sentinels, more like the Warden that kept Illidan in prison. Indicate that Feralas is very much elven land

Other places i haven't incluced.
Stonetalon Mountains.
Moonglade.

Moonglade is not really elven land, it is more like, druidic land, for the children of Cenarius, and they're protecting it.
And Stonetalon, if you play WC3, there is no night elves at all at stonetalon. Yes, it is a special place, but not elven lands, we just got a settlement at the top of the mountain.
Back to top Go down
Siandris
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptyThu 1 Jun - 17:53

ooc, Arya, the forces in feathermoon are the sentinels i think, since Shandris (the commander of the sentinel army) is there.
Back to top Go down
Tylarin
Officer
Tylarin

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2006-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptyWed 5 Jul - 19:02

"The Age of Night Elves.
Venerable: 2000"

sorry man, but im taking my information from this:

http://dramatis-personae.com/worldofwarcraft/wowrace/nightelf.php

A very detailed site that seems to be accurate enough in both history and general traits of the game.
Back to top Go down
Coradtee
Officer
Coradtee

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2006-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptyWed 5 Jul - 19:28

Elloa wrote:
Of course it's ours ! Before all the forest was ours ! *fanatic look*

Not all the forests.. -.-'
Back to top Go down
Sharna
Heroes
Sharna

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2006-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptySat 15 Jul - 1:55

Tylarin wrote:
"The Age of Night Elves.
Venerable: 2000"

sorry man, but im taking my information from this:

http://dramatis-personae.com/worldofwarcraft/wowrace/nightelf.php

A very detailed site that seems to be accurate enough in both history and general traits of the game.

Can't be bored to change profile Razz
Let me qoute something from the person that kinda "said good" for the ages i posted, or said that it was a good guess.
Xarantaur wrote:
I also have direct email contact with the Thundergod Chris Metzen himself with whom I discuss lore with frequently.
Chris Metzen is the one in charge of all WoW lore.
Link to the post is this
Xarantaur got a quiet a few "question and answer about lore" stickies, also the lore always seem to be very accurate.
Back to top Go down
Sharna
Heroes
Sharna

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptySun 16 Jul - 14:01

Just found the thread where the ages i've posted stands.
http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-role-playing-en&t=152966&p=1&tmp=1#post152966

This is a qoute from post number 3 in that thread Razz
Quote :
Xarantaur says the thunder god agrees with the 2000 year thing. Therefor nothing else is to say Razz
Back to top Go down
Alyria
Officer

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptySun 16 Jul - 15:02

does it realy matters...? Tyrande is over 10 000 years... so there for all others should be able, of they follow the same event line as she have lived through... the world tree and stuff...

then others should be able to say they are 10 000 years old.
Back to top Go down
Sharna
Heroes
Sharna

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves EmptySun 16 Jul - 17:49

It's not the max age that's important. As we all know night elves can become above 600 years old. It's more about when they're considered adults. Which is kinda important, for example you're playing a really old night elf. But your character was born for 500 years ago.

Also, after teh destruction of the world tree, what happened to those that already was 10 000 years old?
Well, here i would say, as i read on that site Tylarin posted.
Quote :
there was no "penalty" for those already thousands of years old. So all living Night Elves aged 400+ appear around 400 or so (equivalent of late 20s) and will age at the normal rate starting now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facts about Night Elves   Facts about Night Elves Empty

Back to top Go down

Facts about Night Elves
Page 1 of 1