badaboom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

badaboom

May The Eternal Light Of Elune Guide You.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegister

Name of the guild.

Go down 
+9
Tyriande
Hiddenshadow
Tylarin
Israndel
Ollahar
Adora
Elloa
Drakonis
Sharna
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Adora
Officer
Adora

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Name of the guild. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Oct - 19:09

How about:

Mortal Sin
or
Vicious Entity
or
Sinister Fortune

*shrugs* It's a suggestion at least... oh, and I like the second one a tad more, I think.
Back to top Go down
Sharna
Heroes
Sharna

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2006-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Oct - 19:21

Then i'll take the second one as your suggestions;P
We don't want a thousand different namez, thingz'll get mezzy.
And when we're voting for it, it'll be hard and too many will be unhappy me thinkz.
Commentz on namez that have been zuggezted are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Elloa
Commander
Elloa

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2006-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Oct - 20:25

I think that the idea of translating a name in the Blood Elve launguage could be very cool..

For that we unfortunately will have to wait for BC coming. I explain myself :

1 step : We choose the name who want in english, example : Red Dawn
2 Step : We create a not BE char and a BE char. The BE char will say in his own language " Red Dawn", the NOt BE char will note the translation.
Ex : "Red Dawn" become --- >"Naz Tils"

Then we have a name wich is keeped secret and seem really cool ^^
Back to top Go down
Tylarin
Officer
Tylarin

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2006-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Oct - 20:36

You realise that cross race translation arnt accurate? they are simply taken from a pool of words from corresponding lengths.....exceptions being "lol" = "kek" amongst others
but basically...you type red....it cud very well end up being "kek" "uuk" "kul" or a variety of others....the same for dawn...or anything else tbh... sorry, game mechanic's FTL....although the use of existing lore words such as Quel and Sarrar etc etc does work ^^
Back to top Go down
Elloa
Commander
Elloa

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Oct - 21:01

I know that....But for example, when I was playing on french server...."Bonjour" in Troll were "Fus'Obea" or something like that. So instead of saying "Bonjour" in Troll when we were speaking in orc we said "Fus'Obea" because that seem (and only seem) more typical. It's all.

But it's a suggestion like another Wink
Back to top Go down
Tylarin
Officer
Tylarin

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2006-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Oct - 22:54

hehe alright. Fair enough.

Please don't take my constant put downs of your ideas as anything negative... just throwing counter arguements out there, i mean no personal offence ^^
Back to top Go down
Sharna
Heroes
Sharna

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Oct - 23:02

To qoute myself.
Sharna wrote:
Heh, i always like a good discussion, no matter what it is about Razz
So no need to worry^.^
And counter arguments leads to..what? A discussion!
Back to top Go down
Drakonis
Recruitment officer
Drakonis

Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Oct - 10:07

*puts another big 1 at a scoreboard next to Sharna's name*
Back to top Go down
Hiddenshadow
Officer

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2006-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Oct - 11:29

Cthonic Entities
Back to top Go down
Tyriande
Recruit

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Oct - 14:27

Some names:

Obscura Legion

Survivors of the Maelstrom ( I dont think their travel over the sea was too nice, I bet they got sick ^,-,^)

The Windrunner Family (Not really good, but the Windrunner family was good warriors in the defence against the scourge, tho Sylvanas the mightiest one fell to their attacks)

[Another survivor name] (The B-Elves' population got lowered by allmost 90% by the scourge attacks)

Quel'dorei Magicians ( They are the Quel'dorei, we might just use that name anyway)

LF ILLIDAN (Kidding, but their main quest now is actually to get to Outland and find Illidan)
Back to top Go down
Sharna
Heroes
Sharna

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Oct - 18:13

Tyriande wrote:
Survivors of the Maelstrom ( I dont think their travel over the sea was too nice, I bet they got sick ^,-,^)

LF ILLIDAN (Kidding, but their main quest now is actually to get to Outland and find Illidan)

Hah to those two xD

I've listed the first name you suggested, as i'd like to try and keep the amount of suggested names to a minimum, creating less chaos when we're actually going to choose a name. And because it sounded as the most serious and best of those you suggested tongue

Actually think i'll soon make a poll about which name it shall be.
Back to top Go down
Tephros
Sentinel
Tephros

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2006-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Nov - 20:53

The Arcane Crusaders

The Arcane Order

-Teph
Back to top Go down
Drypher
Watcher
Drypher

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2006-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Nov - 13:07

Remember that there will be warriors, rogues and other non-arcane classes in guild. As I understand by arcane, you mean magic, right?
Back to top Go down
Ollahar
Officer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2006-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Nov - 13:27

Yeah, but then again he might be referring to the Blood Elves' natural connection towards magic as a race, regardless of "class". cyclops
Back to top Go down
Tephros
Sentinel
Tephros

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Nov - 21:27

Drypher wrote:
Remember that there will be warriors, rogues and other non-arcane classes in guild. As I understand by arcane, you mean magic, right?

Ollahir wrote:
Yeah, but then again he might be referring to the Blood Elves' natural connection towards magic as a race, regardless of "class". cyclops

yup, all Blood Elves, regardless of magical ability, are addicted to arcane magic.

They have been constantly connected to it, their lives extended by it etc.

They all also have a basic understanding of it and can wield it. (hence their racial skills, such as mana battery and the ability to silence enemies spells)

-Teph
Back to top Go down
Alyria
Officer

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Nov - 12:37

Drypher wrote:

there are only warriors and rogue who dont use mana... and warriors are not part of the blood elf selection Razz

rogues... well, i guess many people would rather discard their magic abilities for something more fun ^^
Back to top Go down
Drakonis
Recruitment officer
Drakonis

Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Nov - 12:52

rogues are now overpowered versus casters:

Silence,
Kick,
mana drain,
gouge, etc.
-----------------

would be fun if this silence aura would affect bosses in instances as well..
would make alot of instances very easy.....lol...... lol!
Back to top Go down
Drypher
Watcher
Drypher

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Nov - 16:22

Thats true Alyria, but undeads are also aloved to join the guild and they can be warriors tongue Do they have something in common with, arcane? The same thing with undead rogues ^^
Back to top Go down
Alyria
Officer

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Nov - 17:32

as far as i unerstand... its belfs that are the masters... and undead and other scum are just slaves?

and besides... even the magicans cannot do with the skills of warriors and rogues. they are masters of skills, not arcane stuff.

an army of magicans would posses great powers... but would been terminated by the use of tactics Razz

so even if they have members/slaves that does not posses the abilities to wield magics, it can still be a magic guild as the leaders/important members are of the arcane relation Razz
Back to top Go down
Elloa
Commander
Elloa

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Nov - 19:45

Indeed, even if the all guild is not magician, the leader are magician. So..the name can be..;

But personaly i really would prefer to see a name with "Red" inside :p
Back to top Go down
Drypher
Watcher
Drypher

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Nov - 20:06

Awww...I don't want a character not related with name, just because leaders are...Not fair. Name should be universal for all its memebers and it still can have 'red' part tongue
Back to top Go down
Sharna
Heroes
Sharna

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Nov - 20:06

The Red Arcane Crusade? xD
Nah..just fooling around:P
Back to top Go down
Tephros
Sentinel
Tephros

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Nov - 20:38

Drypher wrote:
Awww...I don't want a character not related with name, just because leaders are...Not fair. Name should be universal for all its memebers and it still can have 'red' part tongue

take The Arcane Crusade for instance, just because you dont personally use arcane magic doesnt mean you arnt part of the crusade to support it Wink

you could support its beliefs etc Smile, or that the crusade winning would benifit you (even if you dont like some of the methods)

ad you wouldnt join a guild that is heavily arcane (which the Blood Elves are) if you didnt believe in it >_< (from an RP stance)

---

The Alizarin Crusade (Alizarin = shade of deep red, it kind of fits in with what someone said before about not knowing until you ask)

-Teph
Back to top Go down
Drypher
Watcher
Drypher

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Nov - 20:58

'Alizarin' I like that word Smile And it has the mystical part of name I am also looking for
Back to top Go down
Tephros
Sentinel
Tephros

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Nov - 22:22

Alizarin would also go work with order "The Alizarin Order" or "Order of The Alizarin (And other words can also be added onto the end such as: Magi/Crusaders)"

Personally i like the idea of colour, but i think red can be a litte, for lack of a better word, un-original and bland.

-Teph
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name of the guild.   Name of the guild. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Name of the guild.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next